Next Sunday is Thanksgiving.
I’ve chosen the passage in Psalm 107 to preach on. You can find the passage through BibleGateway.com. I’d love to have your comments, stories, thoughts as I go through preparation.
Here is a possible outline:
– Declaration – (1)
– Who should be thankful (2-32)
- – helpless and homeless (2-9)
- – despairing and despising (10-16)
- – sick and sinful (17-22)
- – discouraged and defeated (27-32)
The last part of the Psalm (33-43) is interesting. I can talk about how God loves us physically, spiritually, emotionally and provides justice for us. I’m not sure I need to do the whole thing – I try to limit myself to 30 minutes.